Monday, August 23, 2004

Propaganda

I had my first taste of absynthe the other night, at a small corner joint near the river called the Propaganda Cafe. Absynthe turns out to be green, heavy and suprisingly good-tasting for a drink that's 70% alcohol. The traditional method of drinking it involves dipping some sugar in the absynthe, lighting the sugar on fire, and stirring it into the drink. Then consume the drink, but carefully. Walking will not be your forte soon.

Weaving my way out of the Propaganda cafe, I realized I had left my cigarettes behind. I have already left my pack in a bar once. As I was turning to return, the cute, likely adolescent bartender ran out after me with my pack.

I believe I've found my bar.

Also, my newfound joy in life is the extreme sports channel, where you can watch skateboarders doing their thing 24/7. Tommorow I'll be heading back to the park on the hill where I last saw legions of skaters. Who are an absolute joy to watch; I've always enjoyed watching kids skate, but could never find a place in San Francisco where they congregated.

Olympic badminton is actually pretty facsinating, too.

No comments: