Monday, August 30, 2004

Minor updates

Not much new, really. I've been sick the last 3 or 4 days, some sort of flu-ish thing. Tidbits:

- I was walking by a church enclosed by a large stone wall. Graffiti on the wall read "Dream of white Cabbage".

- It's really amazingly hard to find a bottle of aspirin in Prague on Sunday. I spent 3 hours today and failed.

- While looking for aspirin at Tesco's, I noticed that the deodorant aisle is enourmous. I mean really, really, big. Lots of deodarant. This is somewhat ironic, as many Czechs don't seem to bother. For the overly self-conscious (read: me), this involves a lot of sniffing yourself as you walk down to street.

- I've discovered that the brewery on the corner makes a sour cherry beer that's excellent.

- Question: when you have to answer a question that you don't understand, is "yes" or "no" a better bet? "I don't understand" gets very tiring, and most of the time these days I just wing it and say yes or no. Thank god, Czech lessons start Wednesday.




No comments: