Friday, September 17, 2004

Well

You've not lived until you've broken into your own apartment through a high bathroom window, half-drunk, removing the window from the hinges, hoping no one calls the police, etc. American resourcefulness strikes again. Or something.

Also - the importance of specific words. I can say "I don't have ..." (my keys). Nemam' ... but I have no idea what the word for "key" is. I can also say: "Prosim vas, vime kde ... ", which is "Excuse me please, do you know where..." but I have no idea how to say "where the landlord lives".

Also. I have bought a skateboard. this is silly, you say. Well, yes.

Quickly, I have learned to hate the following:
-cracks in the sidewalk
-the fact that most of Prague is not paved, but laid out in stone in a very pretty fasion
-Cars
-Pedestrians

But I had a good deal of fun today skating around. I feel it's mostly idiotic to try take up skateboarding at 24, but then again, what the hell. I had my first spill, hurt my elbow, and continued on.

Another also: I am happy to be back in Prague. I visited london last weekend, and long story short, I found myself walking down the street on Tuesday smiling all to hell that I was back in my semi-adoptive town. I really do love this place.



No comments: